Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Door


I shall lock my door.
That way I won't hear the voice's noiseless plot anymore.
I should lock my door.
Throw away the key.
That way outside elements, seeds of doubt, depression and embarrassment-standing on the outside- won't bother me.
My door should always be locked.
When I decide to go, They always make me stop.
But They couldn't speak to me if my door was locked.
I'd lock my door and hide under the covers.
I would ignore Their voices by falling into a deep, complete slumber.
Seems to me like They earn salaries by pounding me with reality.
But all I want to do is dream.
I should lock my door.
So someday I will understand.
I dream to live and dream to plan.
My dreams and focus goes unnoticed when voices dance ignorantly-without listening to me.
And since They are the so-called voices of reason, then my reason cannot be reasoned with the unreasonable.
So we find a common ground-and we find it right now.
I will lock my door and continue to dream.
You will stay on the outside-and refuse to cease your torturous screams.
But trust and believe, on today I will lock my door.
This is my world.
I am free.
It is not Yours anymore.


--EOB.

No comments: