Friday, April 2, 2010

War


The only time I've been successful is when I didn't try to be.
It's like choosing letters and winning the Lottery.
The only thing I've ever wanted is for my Dad to be proud of me.
So I work hard.
But I am lazy.
Yes, I am sane.
And I am crazy.
Think like a man.
But talk like a baby.
Want to play the hero.
But they can't save me.
With forgotten thoughts I walk the streets while people talk to me.
Telling me the truth while they lie to me.
I follow the laws of the land, but live as though they've never applied to me.
So by embracing being alone I've grown into a trendsetter.
Want to give it all up but I can't kill the competitor in me.
I am strong
But She makes me weak.
Dream all of the time.
But I can't fall asleep.
I am trapped.
Yet I am free.
I fear failure.
I'm afraid to succeed.
I pray standing up.
No time for living on my knees.
I consider myself selfless.
But I am a slave to greed.
Confident and arrogant.
But I'm still insecure.
Wise, a devine mind.
But I'm still immature.
And I live a good life.
But I'm still impure.
Want to be perfect.
But I'll never be.
Lead the rest of the pack but I run like they're ahead of me.
My crown is strong, but the foundation is weak.
In the middle of the noise I found peace.
This is the war we fight.
The battle within our bodies.
We fight it to the death.
Our war with Hypocrisy.

---EOB.

No comments: